Safer Drivers Course Castle Hill
The Safer Drivers Course Castle Hill has been specifically designed to teach learner drivers how to drive safely. Using low risk driving techniques and safer driving strategies in a variety of on-rad situation.
By learning the correct driving skills and how to keep safe whilst driving you will develop a better understanding of how to avoid dangerous situations and reduce your risk of becoming involved in a motor vehicle accident.
When you completed this course you will have a better understanding of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents. But more importantly you will have a thorough understanding of a variety of safe driving strategies that you can use to be a safer driver. In addition you will learn low risk driving strategies that you can use in real life situations.
This course is considered to be the leading road safety course for learner drivers and is approved by Transport for NSW.
Learn to Drive Driving School has been delivering these courses in NSW for many years.
What is the Safer Drivers Course Castle Hill
This course has been developed by leading road safety experts and it is specifically designed for learner drivers under 25 years of age. Therefore you will learn more and improve your driving knowledge and road skills.
Learn to Drive driving School is approved by Transport for NSW and we have been running these courses for many years. Therefore you can relax in the knowledge that you will be learning from an experienced team of driving instructors.
Safer Drivers Course Castle Hill Overview
This course is an interactive learning experience conducted by an experienced facilitator. Firstly the course is conducted in a peer group environment. Therefore you will be learning with a group of students who are similar to you in terms of age and driving experience. Secondly the course is an engaging and interactive course where you get to watch some videos, discuss road safety issues and go for a drive.
Module 1 – Theory
Module 1 is a 3-hour theory/workshop session conducted by a qualified facilitator. During this part of the course, you will learn how to identify and manage the risks associated with driving. With a maximum of 12 students in a class you will have the opportunity to work with your peers to improve your road safety awareness.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a 2 hour in car driving session. Two students are paired at a time and will take turns in driving with a qualified driving instructor. In the coaching session the student will get the opportunity to put into practice what was learned in Module 1. The session is aimed at teaching young learners how to identify risks and minimise risk taking behaviour. The coaching session focuses on educating the students to become proactive and safe drivers.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The course is the next step in your journey to become a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are informative, fun and engaging and will teach you valuable driving skills.
Safer Drivers Course Castle Hill Cost?
Upon completion of the safer drivers course you will receive 20 log book hours. This equates to $7 per log book hour. You can enroll in the course online for $140.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free Courses to help young learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers who are financially disadvantage to participate in this Course. So there is no excuse to miss out on this fantastic course.
To be eligible for a free course you will need:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes and 3-for-1 bonus hours)
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participant of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a Free Safer Driver Course
You can apply for a FREE course if you have a Centrelink concession card issued in your own name. To request an application form simply text your details to 0408 545 917.
How Long Does the Course Go For?
The Course consists of 2 modules and combines a theoretical class and practical driving session over a 5-hour period for $140. Students are given a break between each module.
Module 1 is an engaging 3 hour group class conducted by a qualified Facilitator.
During module 1 students are assigned a partner to complete the module 2 drive with. Actual driving times are confirmed on the day.
Module 2 is a 2 hour in car driving experience with a qualified driving instructor. Two learner drivers take turns at driving and practicing a variety of safe driving techniques. Conducted on a specially designed track learner drivers are given the opportunity to experience a variety of road conditions.
What are the Course Requirements?
Transport for NSW has 3 requirements for the course. They are:
- You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence.
- You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on road driving.
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book.
There is no pass or fail component to the course, nor is there any exam to pass. To receive you bonus 20 Log Book Hours you simply have to complete the course.
20 Hours Driving Course Castle Hill
When you complete this course you will receive 20 additional hours in your learner Log Book. There are no exams to pass simply complete this 5 hour course and earn 20 Log book Hours.
Additional benefits of the course include:
- How to identify hazards on the road and minimize the risk of a crash.
- How to be a good defensive driver.
- Learn tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’.
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor. Being able to make informed decisions is extremely important for learners as it will reduce risks and anticipate avoidable hazardous situations.