Safer Drivers Course Blacktown
Learn to Drive Driving School provides the Transport for NSW Safer Drivers course. This course will give you a log book of 20 hours worth of credits.
The Safer Drivers Course is an educational and interactive program designed by Transport for NSW. The course focuses on reducing the risks young drivers face so they can be safer motorists. You will be less likely to be involved in bad situations like car accidents or unsafe situations after completing this course.
How Much Does the Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 including GST. The course is subsidised by Transport for NSW.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course can teach you how to be less aggressive while driving. It is a 2-part course that focuses on theory and practical experience. You can take the whole course in just 5 hours.
What Are The Requirements for the Safer Driver Course in Blacktown?
In order to be eligible for this course, you must have a valid NSW learner drivers licence. You will also need to have completed at least 50 hours of on-road driving and some night driving as well.
Safer Drivers Course Overview
The course will help you to learn how to drive safely. You can learn about safe following distances, when you should leave a crash avoidance space, and how to correctly choose the right gap. You will also be able to see things that might cause a hazard, like when people are not looking where they are going. Finally, with better decision making skills you’ll be less likely to get into a bad situation and drive off the road or hit another car.
What Are the Benefits of the Safer Drivers Course In Blacktown?
The primary benefits of this course are:
- How to identify hazards on the road and what you should do if you see them.
- How to be a better defensive driver.
- Obtaining 20 log book hours.
- You will also learn how to avoid crashes and reduce the risk of crashing.
- And finally, you can learn how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps you to learn how to drive without someone telling you what to do. You can use the skills that you learned in this class when you have a full driver’s license. When people are driving, they need to make decisions about what they should do. This is important because it reduces the risks and anticipates hazards that might happen on the road.
The Safer Drivers Course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
This course will teach you about the risks of driving and how to avoid them. You will be able to identify road safety awareness during this 3-hour session, which is led by a qualified facilitator who has years of experience in providing quality education on driver training.
- A three-hour group discussion about driving with 12 other learner drivers.
- You can learn about the behaviours of drivers and how to deal with challenges that arise.
- There are videos and activities which will keep the session interesting for everyone.
Module 2 – Practical
In Module 2, students are paired up. We learned in Module 1 how to identify risks on the road. Now it’s time for us to put that theory into action. The practical coaching session focuses on educating young learners about what they can do before getting behind the wheel – so that when they enter this new world of risky situations out there, they are ready for them.
- In the two-hour coaching session, you will have a chance to drive with an instructor.
- The sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that happen on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- You’ll learn skills like following distances, hazard perception, and speed management.
The Safer Drivers Course in Blacktown is the next step to becoming a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are informative, fun and engaging and will teach you valuable driving skills that can’t be taught by your parents or friends.
Refreshments are provided on the day.
We also offer Safer Drivers Courses at the following locations:
- Safer Drivers Course Campbelltown
- Safer Drivers Course Liverpool
- Safer Drivers Course Penrith
- Safer Drivers Course Baulkham Hills
- Safer Drivers Course Richmond
- Safer Drivers Course Ryde
- Safer Drivers Course Springwood
- Safer Drivers Course Katoomba
The Safer Drivers Course Logo is a trademark of Transport for NSW, 18 Lee St, Chipendale NSW.