Safer Drivers Course Baulkham Hills
Learner Drivers from Baulkham Hills receive 20 hours of log book credits when they complete the Safer Drivers Course.
Designed by leading road safety experts for learner drivers under 25 years of age with at least 50 hours of on-road driving experience.
The Safer Drivers Course in Baulkham Hills is Designed by Transport for NSW and teaches drivers under 25 years of age how to reduce road risks and become safer drivers.
How Much Does the Baulkham Hills Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 and is subsidised by Transport for NSW.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free Courses to help young learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers who are financially disadvantage to participate in this Course. So there is no excuse to miss out on this fantastic course.
To be eligible for a free course you will need:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes and 3-for-1 bonus hours)
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participant of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a Free Safer Driver Course
You can apply for a FREE course if you have a Centrelink concession card issued in your own name. To request an application form simply text your details to 0408 545 917.
How long does the course go for?
The Safer Drivers Course goes for 5 hours and comprises of 2 parts – a 3 hour theoretical class and a practical 2 hour driving session.
What are the Requirements for the Safer Drivers Course:
- You must have a valid NSW Learners.
- 50 Log Book hours of on-road driving.
- Night driving must be recorded.
The Safer Drivers Course Overview
You will develop the techniques required to be a safer driver. You will learn how to:
- Manage speed.
- Follow safely.
- Keep the correct space to avoid a crash.
- Select the appropriate gap.
- Perceive hazards.
- Be a good decision maker.
What Are the Benefits of the Safer Drivers Course?
The primary benefits of the course are learning how to:
- Identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- Be a defensive driver.
- Become a ‘low risk driver’.
- Be a better P plate driver.
- Gaining 20 log book hours.
This course helps prepare learner drivers for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional drivers licence.
Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor. Being able to make good decisions is very important for learners as it will reduce risks and anticipate hazardous situations.
The course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
This is a 3-hour theory/workshop session conducted by a qualified facilitator. During this part of the course, you will learn how to identify and manage the risks and hazards associated with driving a vehicle. As there is only a maximum of 12 students in a class, you will have the opportunity to work with your peers to improve your road safety awareness and decision making.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging and interesting.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a two hour in-car driving session that allows you to practice what was learned during Module 1. Conducted in a car fitted with dual controls learners are able to put into practice the things learn in Module 1. You will be paired up with another student and taking turns at being the driver under supervision from our qualified driving instructor.
There are many risks that one can take when driving, and the session is aimed at teaching young learners how to identify these dangers. The coaching session focuses on educating students not only about becoming safe drivers but also proactive ones who will be able to better handle any situation they may encounter while behind the wheel of a car.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The Safer Drivers Course will teach you valuable driving skills in an informative and engaging manner. You’ll learn how to become a lifelong safe driver with this step-by-step program, so don’t hesitate!
The Safer Drivers Course is the next step on your journey to becoming a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are fun as well as informational, teaching you everything from what it means when someone flashes their headlights at you to ways for dealing with stressful situations such as merging traffic or following too closely behind another car.