Safer Drivers Course Camden
The Safer Drivers Course Camden has been specifically designed for learner drivers under 25 years of age. Teaching learner drivers safe driving techniques and low risk driving strategies in a relaxed and stress free environment.
Research shows that drivers are most at rick of being involved in a serious motor vehicle accident when they first begin driving solo (without their supervising driver). Therefore this course has been designed to help learner drivers transition to driving solo.
The Camden Safer Driver Course is an engaging and informative course conducted in an informal environment. Students are encouraged to discuss road safety issues in group discussions. In addition students are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of learning activities.
Learners Safe Driving Course
The Safer Drivers Course in Camden teaches learner drivers under the age of 25 how to reduce road risks and as a result become safer drivers. Covering both theory and practical aspects of safe driving strategies in a fun and engaging way.
A bonus of 20 Log Book hours is credited to the learners Log Book on completion of the course.
Safer Drivers Course Camden Overview
The course will help you develop the techniques required to be a safer driver. You will learn:
- How to manage speed.
- How to follow safely.
- How to keep the correct space to avoid a crash.
- How to select the appropriate gap.
- Hazard perception.
- How to be a good decision maker
What Are the Benefits of the Camden Safer Drivers Course?
The primary benefits of the course are:
- Learning how to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- Learning how to be a defensive driver.
- Gaining 20 log book hours.
- Learning good tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’.
- Learning how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps prepare learner drivers for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional drivers licence.
Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified Camden driving instructor. Being able to make good decisions is very important for learners as it will reduce risks and anticipate hazardous situations.
How Much Does the Camden Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The cost of the course is only $140. Which is great value when you consider that you get 20 log book hours when you complete the course. That’s only $7 per log book hour.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free Courses to help young learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers who are financially disadvantage to participate in this Course. So there is no excuse to miss out on this fantastic course.
To be eligible for a free course you will need:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes and 3-for-1 bonus hours)
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participant of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a Free Safer Driver Course
You can apply for a FREE course if you have a Centrelink concession card issued in your own name. To request an application form simply text your details to 0408 545 917.
Safer Driver Course Camden participation requirements
The 3 things you need before starting the course are:
1. You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence.
2. You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on-road driving.
3. Some night driving must be recorded in your log book.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course consists of 2 modules and combines a theoretical class and practical driving session over a 5-hour period. We offer both module 1 and module 2 on the same day.
The 2 modules in the program are:
Module 1 – Theory
This is a 3-hour theory/workshop session conducted by a qualified facilitator. During this part of the course, you will learn how to identify and manage the risks and hazards associated with driving a vehicle. As there is only a maximum of 12 students in a class, you will have the opportunity to work with your peers to improve your road safety awareness and decision making.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging and interesting.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a two hour in-car driving session that allows you to practice what was learned during Module 1. This will be done by pairing up with another student and taking turns at being the driver under supervision from our qualified driving instructor.
There are many risks that one can take when driving, and the session is aimed at teaching young learners how to identify these dangers. The coaching session focuses on educating students not only about becoming safe drivers but also proactive ones who will be able to better handle any situation they may encounter while behind the wheel of a car.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
Is the Safer Drivers Course Camden worth it?
The Safer Drivers Course will teach you valuable driving skills in an informative and engaging manner. You’ll learn how to become a lifelong safe driver with this step-by-step program, so don’t hesitate!
The Safer Drivers Course is the next step on your journey to becoming a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are fun as well as informational, teaching you everything from what it means when someone flashes their headlights at you to ways for dealing with stressful situations such as merging traffic or following too closely behind another car.
Considering you will learn a lot and become a better driver and get 20 bonus log book hours, this course is great value for money.