Safer Drivers Course Penrith
The Safer Drivers Course Penrith has been specifically designed by leading road safety experts to help learner drivers safely transition to driving solo.
Crash statistics show that drivers are most at risk when they first start driving solo on their Provisional drivers license. Research also shows that learner drivers who complete this course are safer drivers.
By focusing on creating safe driving skills and improving your driving techniques you will improve your knowledge and become a safer driver.
This course is considered to be the leading road safety course for learner drivers and is approved by Transport for NSW.
Penrith Learner Drivers who complete the Safer Drivers Course receive 20 hours of log book credits.
Are you looking for an engaging and interesting course to help you become a Safer Driver? Developed to assist learner drivers by leading education professionals, the course contains a lot of helpful information for learner drivers. The Course teaches young Penrith drivers under 25 years how to reduce road risks and therefore become safer drivers.
During the theoretical component of the course you will learn the various risks associated with driving. In addition you will learn the common crash types and effective ways of driving safely and avoiding dangerous situations whilst driving.
How Much Does the Penrith Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 including GST. This equates to $7 per log book hour. You can enroll in the course online.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free Courses to help young learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers who are financially disadvantage to participate in this Course. So there is no excuse to miss out on this fantastic course.
To be eligible for a free course you will need:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes and 3-for-1 bonus hours)
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participant of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a Free Safer Driver Course
You can apply for a FREE course if you have a Centrelink concession card issued in your own name. To request an application form simply text your details to 0408 545 917.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course consists of 2 modules and combines a theoretical class and practical driving session over a 5-hour period.
What Are The Requirements for the Safer Driver Course?
There are 3 requirements for the course. They are:
- You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence.
- You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on road driving.
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book.
Safer Driver Course Penrith Overview
The course will help Penrith Students to develop the techniques required to be a safer driver
- Managing Speed.
- Following safely.
- The correct space to avoid a crash.
- Selecting the appropriate gap.
- Hazard perception.
- Being a good Decision maker
Why take the Safer Drivers Course Penrith
There are many benefits of completing this course. First of all you will be doing the course with experienced local driving instructors. Accordingly you will benefit from the local knowledge and expertise acquired over many years.
Secondly you will be acquiring knowledge and skills that will help you become a better driver. In addition you will improve your changes of passing the driving test by enhancing your knowledge of:
- Blind Spots
- Hazard Perception
- Speed Management
- Crash Avoidance Spaces
In addition, learner drivers are introduced to a variety of safe driving techniques to help them transition to driving solo in a safe and confident way including:
- Learning How to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash
- Learning how to be a defensive driver.
- Gain 20 log book hours.
- Learn good tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’.
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps prepare learner drivers in Penrith for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional drivers licence.
Penrith Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified Penrith driving instructor. Being able to make good decisions is very important for learners as it will reduce risks and anticipate hazardous situations.
The course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
This is a 3-hour theory/workshop session conducted by a qualified facilitator. During this part of the course, you will learn how to identify and manage the risks and hazards associated with driving a vehicle. As there is only a maximum of 12 students in a class, you will have the opportunity to work with your peers to improve your road safety awareness and decision making.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging and interesting.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a two hour in-car driving session that allows you to practice what was learned during Module 1. This will be done by pairing up with another student and taking turns at being the driver under supervision from our qualified driving instructor.
There are many risks that one can take when driving, and the session is aimed at teaching young learners how to identify these dangers. The coaching session focuses on educating students not only about becoming safe drivers but also proactive ones who will be able to better handle any situation they may encounter while behind the wheel of a car.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The Safer Drivers Course will teach you valuable driving skills in an informative and engaging manner. You’ll learn how to become a lifelong safe driver with this step-by-step program, so don’t hesitate!
The Safer Drivers Course is the next step on your journey to becoming a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are fun as well as informational, teaching you everything from what it means when someone flashes their headlights at you to ways for dealing with stressful situations such as merging traffic or following too closely behind another car.