Safer Drivers Course Richmond
The Safer Drivers Course Richmond will help you become a safer driver and give you lifelong driving skills. Conducted by local driving instructors with over 10 years experience in Richmond and the Hawkesbury area.
This course is specifically designed for learner drivers under 25 years of age. Are you looking for an engaging course that will help you understand how to drive safely?
20 Hour Driving Course Richmond NSW
This is the only course that will earn you 20 Log Book Hours.
This course has been specifically designed to help learner drivers become safer drivers. With a focus on developing safe driving techniques, learner drivers are taught a variety of low risk driving strategies.
Those who complete this course will receive 20 hours worth of log book credits.
The Safer Drivers Course is an educational and interactive program designed by Transport for NSW. The course focuses on reducing the risks that young drivers face while driving in New South Wales so they can become safer, more aware motorists who are less likely to be involved in car accidents or other unsafe situations.
How Much Does the Richmond Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 including GST.
When you complete the Safer Drivers Course you receive an additional 20 Log Book Hours. This means you pay $7 per log book hour.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free courses to learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers to participate in the course regardless of your financial situation.
To be eligible for a FREE Safer Driver Course you need to:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old.
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes any 3-for-1 bonus hours.
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participants of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a FREE Safer Drivers Course.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course is a 2-module program that combines theoretical knowledge and practical experience in only 5 hours. The course teaches you techniques for driving less aggressively.
Learn to drive Driving School offers both modules on the same day at the same location. we provide the motor vehicle for the Module 2 in-car drive.
At the end of module 1 there is a half hour break before Module 2 in-car drives commence. transport for NSW requires 2 learner drivers complete the in-car drive together with a qualified driving instructor.
What Are The Requirements for the Safer Driver Course in Richmond?
There are 3 requirements for the course. They are:
- You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence
- You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on road driving
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book
The course will help Students to develop the skills required to drive safely including.
- Speed management skills.
- Safe following distance training.
- Correct Crash avoidance space
- Selecting the appropriate gap
- Hazard perception.
- Better Decision making
What Are the Benefits of the Safer Drivers Course In Richmond?
The primary benefits of the course are:
- How to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- How to be a better defensive driver
- Obtaining 20 log book hours
- Learning tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps prepare learner drivers for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional driver’s license. Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor, which is important because being able to make informed decisions reduces risks and anticipates avoidable hazardous situations.
The Safer Drivers course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
This course gives you the chance to learn with others about the risks associated with driving and how to minimise them. Improve your hazard perception skills and improve your road safety awareness during this 3-hour session, which is conducted by a qualified facilitator who has years of experience in providing quality education on driver training.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a two-hour in car driving session, where two students are paired at a time, and will take turns to drive with the qualified instructor. In Module 1, we learned how to identify risks on the road – now it’s time to put that theory into action! The practical coaching session focuses on educating young learners about what they can do before getting behind the wheel – so that when they enter this new world of risky situations out there, they’re ready for them.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The Safer Drivers Course in Richmond is the next step to becoming a lifelong safe driver. Course sessions are informative, fun and engaging and will teach you valuable driving skills that can’t be taught by your parents or friends.