Safer Drivers Course Richmond
Learn to Drive Driving School is a leading provider of the Transport for NSW Safer Drivers Course in Richmond. Those who complete this course will receive 20 hours worth of log book credits.
The Safer Drivers Course is an educational and interactive program designed by Transport for NSW. The course focuses on reducing the risks that young drivers face while driving in New South Wales so they can become safer, more aware motorists who are less likely to be involved in car accidents or other unsafe situations.
How Much Does the Richmond Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 including GST. The course is subsidised by Transport for NSW.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course is a 2-module program that combines theoretical knowledge and practical experience in only 5 hours. The course teaches you techniques for driving less aggressively.
What Are The Requirements for the Safer Driver Course in Richmond?
There are 3 requirements for the course. They are:
- You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence
- You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on road driving
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book
The course will help Students to develop the skills required to drive safely including.
- Speed management skills.
- Safe following distance training.
- Correct Crash avoidance space
- Selecting the appropriate gap
- Hazard perception.
- Better Decision making
What Are the Benefits of the Safer Drivers Course In Richmond?
The primary benefits of the course are:
- How to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- How to be a better defensive driver
- Obtaining 20 log book hours
- Learning tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps prepare learner drivers for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional driver’s license. Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor, which is important because being able to make informed decisions reduces risks and anticipates avoidable hazardous situations.
The Safer Drivers course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
This course gives you the chance to learn with others about the risks associated with driving and how to minimise them. You will be able to identify road safety awareness during this 3-hour session, which is conducted by a qualified facilitator who has years of experience in providing quality education on driver training.
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a two-hour in car driving session. Two students are paired at a time, and will take turns to drive with the qualified instructor. In Module 1, we learned how to identify risks on the road – now it’s time to put that theory into action! The practical coaching session focuses on educating young learners about what they can do before getting behind the wheel – so that when they enter this new world of risky situations out there, they’re ready for them.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The Safer Drivers Course in Richmond is the next step to becoming a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are informative, fun and engaging and will teach you valuable driving skills that can’t be taught by your parents or friends.
Refreshments are provided on the day.
We also offer Safer Drivers Courses at the following locations:
- Safer Drivers Course Baulkham Hills
- Safer Drivers Course Camden
- Safer Drivers Course Penrith
- Safer Drivers Course Springwood
- Safer Drivers Course Katoomba
The Safer Drivers Course Logo is a trademark of Transport for NSW, 18 Lee St, Chipendale NSW.