What is The Safer Drivers Course In Springwood?
Learn to Drive Driving School is an accredited provider of the Transport for NSW Safer Drivers Course Richmond.
Learners who complete this course receive 20 hours of log book credits and are well on their way to becoming lifelong safer drivers! The Safer Drivers Course which is designed by Transport for NSW focuses specifically on teaching young drivers under 25 how they can reduce road risks and become better safe drivers in the process.
How Much Does the Springwood Safer Drivers Course Cost?
The course costs $140 including GST and is subsidised by Transport for NSW.
How long does the Safer Drivers Course go for?
The Safer Driver Course in Springwood consists of 2 modules and combines a theoretical class and practical driving session over a 5-hour period.
What Are The Requirements for the Safer Driver Course?
There are 3 requirements for the course. They are:
- You must hold a valid NSW Learners Licence.
- You must have completed a minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on road driving.
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book.
Safer Driver Course Overview
The course will help Students to develop the skills required to drive safely including:
- Speed management.
- Safe following distances
- Crash avoidance space
- Gap selection
- Hazard perception
- Better Decision making
What Are the Benefits of the Safer Drivers Course?
The primary benefits of the course are:
- How to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- How to be a skilled defensive driver.
- Receiving 20 log book hours.
- Learning tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’.
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
This course helps learner drivers prepare for the transition to driving unsupervised when they get their provisional drivers licence. Students will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor, which is important because it reduces risks of making uninformed decisions that cause hazardous situations.
Being able to make informed decisions before hitting traffic or merging onto an highway significantly decreases the chance of an accident.
The course consists of 2 modules
Module 1 – Theory
Our 3-hour theory/workshop session is designed to teach you how to identify and manage the risks associated with driving. With a maximum of 12 students in one class, there is an opportunity for more hands on learning opportunities where they can work collaboratively and learn about road safety awareness together!
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The session explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The discussion is supported by videos and activities to keep the session engaging.
Module 2 – Practical
Module 2 is a 2 hour in car driving session. Two students are paired at a time and will take turns in driving with a qualified driving instructor. In the coaching session the student will get the opportunity to put into practice what was learned in Module1.
The session is aimed at teaching young learners how to identify risks and minimise risk taking behaviour. The coaching session focuses on educating the students to become proactive and safe drivers.
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
This The Safer Drivers Course is the next step in your journey to become a lifelong safe driver. The sessions are informative, fun and engaging and will teach you valuable driving skills.
Refreshments are provided on the day. Course location 160 Macquarie Road, Springwood NSW
We also offer Safer Drivers Courses at the following locations:
- Safer Drivers Course Baulkham Hills
- Safer Drivers Course Camden
- Safer Drivers Course Penrith
- Safer Drivers Course Richmond
- Safer Drivers Course Katoomba
The Safer Drivers Course Logo is a trademark of Transport for NSW, 18 Lee St, Chippendale NSW.