Safer Drivers Course Liverpool
Liverpool’s leading driving school, Learn to Drive is a Transport for NSW Safer Drivers Course Liverpool provider. This 2 module course will award you with 20 hours of log book credits after completion and make you a safer driver.
The course will provide you with the following skills:
- How to follow safely.
- Merging correctly.
- Identifying hazards.
- Making wiser road decisions.
- Speed Management
- Correct Crash avoidance space.
What are the Benefits from the Safer Drivers Course Liverpool?
- You will be able to identify hazards on the road and minimise the risk of a crash.
- You’ll learn how to be a better defensive driver.
- You will obtain 20 log book hours.
- Learning tactics of being a ‘low risk driver’.
- Learn how to be a better P plate driver.
Learner drivers will be able to implement the skills and knowledge they learn in this course on the road with a qualified driving instructor. Being able to make informed decisions reduces risks, anticipates avoidable hazardous situations and helps prepare learner drivers.
There are 3 things you need before starting the course. They are:
- A valid NSW Learners Licence.
- Minimum of 50 Log Book hours of on-road driving.
- Some night driving must be recorded in your log book.
How long does the Liverpool Safer Drivers Course go for?
The course is a 2 stage course with theoretical knowledge and practical experience over a 5 hour period. The course teaches you techniques for being calm behind the wheel, not being distracted and avoiding hazardous situations.
How much does the Safer Drivers Course cost?
The course costs $140 inclusive of GST. This is partially subsidised by Transport for NSW.
Each year the New South Wales Government offers 1,000 free Courses to help young learner drivers from disadvantaged backgrounds. This allows learner drivers who are financially disadvantage to participate in this Course. So there is no excuse to miss out on this fantastic course.
To be eligible for a free course you will need:
- Hold a valid learner licence
- Be under 25 years old
- Have completed 50 log book hours of actual on-road driving (this excludes and 3-for-1 bonus hours)
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink, or have been or are currently in Out of Home Care.
- Current or former participant of a Driver Licensing Access Program can also apply for a Free Safer Driver Course
You can apply for a FREE course if you have a Centrelink concession card issued in your own name. To request an application form simply text your details to 0408 545 917.
Safer Drivers Course Liverpool Modules
Module 1 – Theory
The first 3 hours of your course are about road safety awareness and acquiring the tools to create a safer environment for both yourself and your passengers. You will also be able to identify risks associated with driving during this session led by a facilitator who has years of experience in providing quality educational programs on safe driving practices.
Module 1 content:
- A three-hour interactive facilitated group discussion.
- The discussion will involve up to 12 learner drivers.
- Learn about driver behaviours and how to implement strategies and techniques to become a safer driver.
- The module explores challenges that may arise and how to deal with external influences.
- The session contains videos and activities to keep the session engaging.
Module 2 – Practical
Now students have learned how to identify risks on the road in module 1, we’re ready for some action! In pairs with an instructor by your side, you’ll be taking turns behind the wheel.
Young drivers can be better prepared for the challenges of driving when they know what to expect. A practical coaching session is designed with this in mind, as it educates drivers about how to stay safe behind the wheel before entering a new world where risky situations are unavoidable.
Module 2 Content
- A two-hour on road coaching session with 2 students conducted by an experienced and qualified driving instructor.
- The coaching sessions are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads.
- Participants will get the opportunity to have a number of drives on set routes.
- Students will gain practical skills at speed management, gap selection, following distances, hazard perception and more.
The Safer Drivers Course in Liverpool is the next step to becoming a lifelong safe driver! Sessions are informative, fun and engaging! You’ll learn valuable skills about road safety as well as strategies for dealing with difficult drivers.